Hey everyone,
It is really crazy that it has been two weeks in the MTC now. The first week seemed to drag on and really felt more like a month, and this past week just flew by. Everyone here told me that that would happen and didn't necesarily believe them but here I am saying the same thing.
Marcene sent me a letter warning me not to eat the french toast cinnamon sticks cause they are just deep fried pieces of heaven that are the worst for you. Her warning came too late, we had them for breakfast earlier in the week and they are pretty much the best things in the cafeteria.
I don't exactly remember what I put in my last e-mail so I may cover some stuff that I've already written about. The MTC is starting to feel more comfortable, I still don't sleep very well at night, but I am much more familiar with campus and the way things are run. Gym time was limited this week thusfar cause we had Sunday of course no gym, and then on Monday we had service project which ate up our time slot and then Tuesday we had a devotional that night, by Elder David F. Evans, it was really good and I probably shouldn't say this but I would have rather played volleyball.
We also finally got to have the health instruction seminar that everyone prior to entering the MTC told me to look forward to. It is more commonly known as the ingrown toenail lecture cause apparantly the most common health problem among missionaries is ingrown toenails. Really what made the lecture great was Dr. Moody. The guy was hilarious. It could possibly just be a case of the "Immature Health Class" but really I would like to believe that I'm pretty mature and Dr.Moody was trying to make the topics funny. I won't share any of the vast majority of quotes I felt prompted to copy down, cause I know this will be shared with many people who may not share my same sense of humor. And really the quotes won't be that great by themselves, I mainly copied them down to serve as a memory stir stick. My memories will start to settle at the bottom of my thoughts and I'll need something to recall these precious Dr. Moody quotes.
Let's see, today is of course preparation day and then I'm scheduled to head to the field on Tuesday the 17th. Should be exciting. Being kind of trapped in the MTC has me ready to leave to California already. I'm not saying that I think I'm prepared to enter the field, cause really I feel like I have alot to work on, but the MTC, despite feeling more comfortable is a little cramped.
One of my instructors got us all excited the night before the devotional cause he mentioned that the MTC is kind of due for an Apostalic visit. Apparently there haven't been any here for a few monthes so I hope that it will be sunday cause it would be awesome to get to hear a talk from one of the Apostles directed at me as a missionary about to start the work. It would be so inspiring. I don't remember if I mentioned that a bunch of my district members saw President Uchtdorf in the parking lot, but they did and that was the night of a Tuesday devotional and everyone was crazed at the thought. This time we fought hard to get good seats but were, and I probably shouldn't say this, a little dissappointed to find it was just a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy.
What else, I just wanted to thank everyone who has written me letters or sent me stuff. I think I've gotten the most letters out of my whole district. One day there happened to be five letters waiting in the mailbox for me and everyone thought it was my birthday.
Yesterday we went to the TRC (Teaching Resource Center, i think) and met for a second time with a volunteer investigator. I kind of feel like her goal is just to boost our confidence in our ability cause you can tell when she sort of assists us by bringing up subjects that we were trying to insert into the conversation naturally. I honestly feel like we learned more from her than she did from us. She has an orchard and informed us the plums and prunes are two different fruits. Prunes are their own fruit, and here I was thinking that they were just shriveled up plums.
Well I am just having an amazing experience here and I am surprised at how quickly I am able to learn so much new yet familiar stuff. Thinking about being in California in less than a week is a little scary but at the same time I am glad that I don't have to hang out in the MTC for 6 more weeks to learn Spanish or 9 weeks to learn Russian. Well last time I waited until I had like 1 second left before I sent this and I didn't like the feeling of rush. So I'll send it with a healthy 2 minutes.
Love, Elder Miller
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment