Hello Everbody,
This week was nowhere near as exciting as last weeks since we had that baptism basically sneak attack us. We haven't been able to visit with that family yet since be we are really hoping that much more missionary work will generate within their home. My companion and I are doing well and we have so much support from the ward that it's really easy to appreciate this area despite our week being a bit of a bummer. Perhaps the highlight of my week though was having dinner at a members home. Everything went just right. We got there and they had two Papa Murphys pizzas waiting on the table. A pepperoni pizza and a garlic chicken pizza, my favorite. They asked if we got pizza a lot and the truth is I haven't had a single member in this area before now serve us pizza. I responded that I haven't had Papa Murphys in 13 months and the member thought I was joking, but sadly that was the truth. I was super glad it was Papa Murphys too cause that is all I ate back home. As I was eating their son kept asking sly questions trying to determine if after dinner we would be able to hang around a bit and race his slot cars with him. They had a huge long track that took up the living room and then stretched down the hall. We certainly had time to race a little and it was fun. I lost to Elder McKenzie on a ten lap race and then we had to leave. I tended to keep my speed up a little too much on the sharp turns and would go spinning off the track. Those little things are fun. And the members told us that there are smaller ones that you can drive upside down. So a new ambition of mine is to get tons of that track and then attach it to my ceiling and then you can just have it out of the way. For when I get home of course, not at our missionary apartment. He he.
Anyway, my companion and I were asked a lot of questions from our members after stake conference because in a session that we hadn't attended our mission President spoke and mentioned that a missionary that used to serve in this area but is now in Pleasanton was punched in the face a few days ago. My companion and I didn't know anything about it since we don't really communicate between areas that much so we had no clue what our members were asking about. But I guess he tried contacting an unpleasant person on the street and didn't come off as the most respectful missionary to an already grudging guy and so the man popped him one. Not to sound uncaring but that sounds like a good story at the very least. Unfortunately the people I try to contact on the street are usually non-confrontational, they sooner just avoid eye contact and ignore you. But hopefully at some point in my mission I shall have the pleasure of getting a good punch to the face. Or maybe I don't want that.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment