Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello Everyone,

Big news this week is that I was just transferred, so I am now writing to you from Santa Cruz, have you heard of it? My new companion is Elder Reay from Murry Utah and he goes home in only six weeks so I have to learn all about this area and then expect to teach it to somebody else pretty quick. I haven't been here long and I don't know what to expect but at our transfer meeting we were told that we should always expect miracles so that is what I guess I'll do. At this point I have 5 transfers left on my mission and I think they might just all be spent here in Santa Cruz so I'll see what kind of things I can do before the end.

While saying goodbye to my old bishop last night he asked if there was anything that he could give me or offer as a kind of parting gift. And I just remembered that he had mentioned that when he went on his mission he was so excited to be a missionary that he bought a whole bunch of extra name tags. This is significant because my last bishops name was Bishop Fletcher. I asked him if there was any chance he had a spare name tag that he wouldn't miss and he just so happened to have dug one up while cleaning the other day and he just produced it really quick and said "it's yours." Overjoyed is the best word, I don't know why but I think it's super cool that I have a name tag with my first name on it. ELDER FLETCHER. I was tempted to wear it around our transfer meeting but resisted. But I might fake out some members in this new area. It has the old Church logo on it though so when standing near another missionary with a modern badge it might stick out.

I hope you all have a great week.

Sincerely,
Elder MIller

No comments: