Hello Everyone,
Well, I was transferred again. That makes three companions in a row that I have only served with for one transfer. This time both my companion and I were moved out of Greenfield because my Mission President has been meaning to put only spanish Elders down there for the longest time and chose his last few weeks in the mission to do it. I am now in Redwood City and my new companion is really cool and easy going. This area is definitly much more ritzy than Greenfield and there seems to be a pretty big Tongan population here which means that I'm going to get fat feasting all the time. I'm still in a car so it's looking like I'm going to spend another probable 6 months at least in a car. I wouldn't favor riding a bike in the dead heat of summer but then again I could probably use the exercise.
After my companion and I found out that we were both leaving we couldn't resist leaving a few things for the new Elders that would be coming. I had the idea to unravel some toilet paper and write a message later on in it welcoming them to Greenfield and then we re-rolled it and put it back on the dispenser for them to eventually come across. And then I also rigged a cardboard robot to swing towards them from the ceiling once they crossed a trip wire. It was actually a home made pinata that we stuffed full of random things around our apartment. Mostly candy canes from who knows when. Hopefully they appreciate that kind of thing and don't think that I'm trying to be mean or something. I would be delighted if someone went to the trouble spending their whole P-Day making me a pinata. It was pretty warm here and I no longer have the southern winds rushing through the valley to cool off the town I'm working in. Some adjustments will need to be made but I'm sure I will love it here in Redwood City.
Have a wonderful week everyone.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment