Hello Everyone,
This week was alright. We really worried about one investigator we have that we never seemed to get in contact with. Normally he doesn't do much and we just catch him sitting at home but when we went by he was in a bad mood according to his roommate so we left him alone that day and tried back later and missed him. It's not too heartbreaking cause he wasn't much of an investigator if that doesn't sound too mean, but he wasn't showing much commitment. We'll still try to visit him but I guess it's not the worst thing if we have to drop him as an investigator. Sorry to say it but he's had more than his share of opportunities to embrace the Gospel.
Transfers are today and I'm e-mailing today because yesterday was Columbus day and the library was closed. I'm not being transferred and neither is my companion but I heard that the many people are being moved around. The other set of missionaries close to us and in our same district, one of which is going home so we are anticipating finding out who the new companion will be. Much is at stake to see if they'll be fun to be around on Preparation Days and whatnot.
On Sunday we met with our investigator who is dating a member of the Spanish ward and I'm not sure what the state of their relationship is but basically we have started meeting at the church instead of the members house cause our investigator has realized for himself how outspoken and pushy his girlfriend is. I think I already talked about this but it's amazing that he is still meeting with us despite that it seems like his relationship is strained. He has the tendency to talk the whole time we meet with him, just all these thoughts he has it's incredible how he transitions so fluidly and nonstop. I bet, if sleep weren't a necessity, that he could talk forever. Anyway we finally got a member of our Bishopric to sit in on a lesson with us and as missionaries we are taught to above almost all else be patient listeners so our investigator tends to take advantage of that I guess. But our 2nd counselor in the bishopric was expert at just inserting his comments and finding the most miniscule pauses in our investigators speech to slip in and revert back to a scripture in the Book of Mormon or whatever. I was very impressed and extremely glad that we invited him to sit in on the lesson. I think our investigator got more out of it and really connected with another member that is actually in our ward, cause he has yet to make it to church due to his work schedule so it was great that he is meeting some people so perhaps next week when we meet with him we'll get another bishopric member. I know our bishop is dying to meet him at least.
Probably the most exciting thing that happened on Sunday however, *SPOILER ALERT TO MY PARENTS AND THE LETTER I'LL SOON MAIL HOME EXCEPT THAT IT'S NOT REALLY THAT BIG OF NEWS* is that in ward council the leaders brought up the halloween party and they seem to expect us to come and in costume. So we'll probably pull out all the stops and go as Men in Black or secret service or something. One member suggested that we be Nuns, which would be awesome but harder to actually get our hands on that kind of costume.
Either way it should be fun.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment