Monday, July 2, 2012

Hey Peoples, Sooo, rather unorthodox today but the internet capable computers were all occupied for a while and so I endeavored to use the word processing computer and I just saved what I was writing in the hopes that I could add it here and then continue writing when a computer opened up and so I wouldn't waste time. I can't open it and paste it in this e-mail cause they really limit these computers but I did add it as an attachment. Sorry for the inconvenience but I can only imagine that I have about 10 people that follow my weekly e-mails, and they're usually all about the same so missing one every once in a while can't be too disappointing. I don't remember all that I wrote in the attachment so I don't know what to add here. But long story short, I had a good week. We were able to meet with some less active members and those were enjoyable visits. We have this old guy that we keep stopping by and chat with. He's hilarious. Just so old that he no longer gives a crap. I think he's 90 but still in admirable health. He still gets around and drives and reads a lot. Fine enough to even travel a bit. He's fun to talk to and try to convince to come to church but he claims that he's just too old and he'd fall asleep and it would be of no benefit to him. Fast Sunday was great, but let me tell you that the pressure you feel to get up and bear your testimony when there are only 20 people in the room and 40 minutes left is amazing. After that the singles branch had their break the fast and we had pulled pork sandwiches which were really good. Alot of people manage to bear their testimony on the 4th of July or about the blessing of living in a free country but I totally failed to bring that up. Actually much of the time I found it funny that everyone was talking about America when it was actually Canada Day. Nobody probably would have appreciated it if I had gotten up there and just praised Canada though. It would be pretty funny to just start out speaking really ambiguously and lead everyone to assume you meant America and then state your appreciation for Canada. But I wouldn't do that, maybe. Well I hope everyone has a great week and Independence Day. Man I wish I could watch that movie right now! Sincerely, Elder F. Miller

No comments: