Monday, July 2, 2012

**This is the attachment that he sent**

Hey Peoples, All of the internet capable computers are taken so I’m trying to see if I can just use the word processing computer and then just save this and plug it into my e-mail when I get the chance so that I’m not wasting time. I’ll probably only be able to make this an attachment which would be super annoying for people I’m sure but maybe not. I’m not much of a computer person.

Well this past week was pretty good. We got a call from an older sister in the ward telling us that she had broken her ankle and wanted a blessing. The thing was she wasn’t at her apartment but was house/cat sitting for a less active lady in our ward who we had never met. The house was super nice. Set on a big piece of land and it was just decked out with art and had a pool and I’m sure many other amenities. The less active lady who owns the house actually is an opera singer and performed back around Easter when that symphony from BYU Idaho came and the Stake choir sang with them. She had a couple of solo parts that were really good. Everyone was talking about her and how great she was and I assumed that she lived in the stake but didn’t realize that she was in our ward. I have never seen her again at church. I’m not certain if she is less active or if she’s just super busy with her career. I think she travels a lot perform all over. Anyway that was just a weird realization.

This other older less active lady we stopped by. A while ago we stopped by and I took the opportunity to play with her husbands Rubik’s cube and she was impressed that I could solve it, but she wondered why my companion couldn’t solve it, so she told us to take it and that I should teach him and then bring it back when he could do it. Normally we aren’t supposed to play with toys but the thing was kind of our return ticket to meet with this less active lady so I commenced in teaching my companion how to solve it and now he can do it. Then we stopped back by the ladies house by impulse and so didn’t have the cube with us but she still let us in and we talked with her a bit and asked if there was any service we could render her and she mentioned weed pulling. We got out of that one by not owning any pairs of gloves so instead she said that if we wanted we could come back and fix her shutters. So on Saturday we went and it was a simple matter of lining up the dowel holes and gluing them in and putting some vices on them. We didn’t really think about it at the time but I’m afraid we may have undermined her husband by fixing those. Cause that was the project assigned to him and he had found it too tedious and resigned to just buy some new shutters. Her husband is not a member of the church and he’s held out thusfar, being like 60 years so I don’t plan on converting him especially not when we’ve gotten off to a bad start by showing him up in his shutter assembling skills.

Anywhootenanny, all of our once investigators have become scarce. We called and set up an appointment with one of them and then when we went they weren’t home. They’re kind of old and so I’ll believe that they plumb forgot, but as a missionary we’re pretty used to living by our appointments so it becomes hard to understand that some people just don’t remember or don’t consider an agreement to meet a binding contract.

No comments: