Monday, November 15, 2010

Corny Zone Conference

Hello Everyone,

This past week was awesome. My new companion, Elder Terry, is terrific. He's a larger fellow and always says thing that are unexpected and therefore funny to me. So it's great to have a humorous spirit about us as sometimes we go about less than exciting tasks. Yesterday was a bit of a drag, as we had none of our investigators show up to sacrament. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't had a landmark seven investigators there the week prior. So members noticed that this week was not as successful as the week before, but it's not that we've lost any investigators, it's just that one was sick three were out of town and another had just gotten back from trip and hadn't slept for a while. So we are still working with some great people and are slowly trying to overcome their concerns and everything else that is stopping them from being baptized.

On Friday I attended my second zone conference which was good, albeit a little corny. President Jackson feels that there is an obedience problem in our mission and so we went to conference with ways we can improve ourselves on mind. As part of zone conference we all had ties on which we wrote down something that is holding us back from baptizing more people, our "weapons of rebellion" and then we cast them to the floor as though we are sacrificing our rebellious acts. I put down that I would give up my relaxed view of the daily schedule. I could do better to follow the plans that we make for our day. It's just that sometimes things arise that you have to take care of and your time gets spent in a different area than originally scheduled. I don't think it's much of a goal but it's one thing to work on that may help.

The most exciting part of zone conference though was that we got new cell phones. We had these old Sanyo phones that are pretty much indestructible. I really like them and through practice I have gotten down how to flip the phone open in a variety of ways just using one hand, or in one method just two fingers. But we got these new LG phones that aren't as sturdy and I would love to find new ways to slide it open using centrifugal force or whatnot but it's not as protected and I'm afraid of breaking it. Plus it's too complicated. I never had a phone before the mission and the simplicity of the other one was nice. I don't think I need 90% of what our new phone can do. Oh well. Have a good week everyone.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: