Monday, November 8, 2010

A New Companion and A Lot of Investigators

Today was pretty exciting thusfar. I got a new companion named Elder Terry from Orem. I was sort of sad to see my trainer go but people always say that you learn different things from different companions so we'll see what I can pick up. I'm still in my first area and we have a number of investigators we are working with. Sunday was actually amazing. We had 7 investigators there. Some of them I guess we should kind of be careful to call investigators but they were there and we are sort of working with them. We picked up one lady because there is a less active man who started coming back to church and he told us to come over so he could have some refresher lessons. But he lives with his sister, he's in his 60's, and he was hoping to get his nephew interested while he was at it. So we went over and he invited some people who we couldn't really see who were sitting in their family room to join in on the lesson. Well his nephew didn't come cause he was busy watching the Giants parade, but his nephews fiance who lives there as well came and was really excited. She was extremely open with us considering we just met her and she just seems so excited to learn and she seems to retain information at a phenomenal rate. She does talk way too much though. Any time she asks a question she has to explain her feelings behind it and why she has the question. So it gets into some pretty long lessons with her when we are supposed to keep them to an hour at most. But she is very promising and has kept all the commitments we extend to her and she is scheduled to be baptized on the 27th of this month. The only foreseeable setback is the fact that she lives with her fiance and they obviously aren't married yet. So we'll have to get to the bottom of that and figure out if we can try and speed up the wedding date or see if she'll move out instead.

But I'm having a great time out here. The weather was very similar to Oregons on Sunday and I was glad that I wasn't in a biking area. I hope you all are doing well and have a good week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: