Monday, December 20, 2010

Not Transferred Afterall

Hello everybody,

There are quite a bit of computer problems here at the library today and so I used up all of my time trying to get the internet to access the LDS e-mail website. I thought having reliable internet service was one of the upsides of not going to a third world country on my mission but apparantly not. So I don't have much time to write which is unfortunate cause I think I got the most e-mails of all time from people wishing me a merry Christmas. So not much to tell I guess, Christmas has really snuck up on me. Every day is so similar on the mission that it really doesn't seem like Christmas should be allowed, it will throw the schedule out of whack. It should be fun though. I wasn't transferred like everyone here was telling me I would be. I think our mission president prefers not to move people around too much during the holidays. But since my companion will be going home after this transfer I will likely stay another one after that in order to immerse another person in this area. I am afraid that the baptismal date that we have for a man we've been teaching will be cancelled. The man it seems to me is really only taking the lessons because his girlfriend who we have been teaching is making him. I doubt that he has his own testimony yet and he is really more inclined to keep to his old church. I think that if we try to impose the law of chastity on him before he can get baptized he would rather just not be baptized. It's kind of funny how people can hold so closely to a religion but refuse to recognize or act upon the commandments they hold from God. I guess everyone deals with that but it really stinks when they seemed so close to baptism and now aren't looking so strong.

Merry Christmas everyone and I'll write next week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: