Hello Everyone,
Things just got interesting around here. Our most promising investigator just got more promising. She has always from the get go been really excited about learning from us and agreed instantly to prepare to be baptized but we finally taught her commandments and brought up that she couldn't be baptized until she either moved out of her boyfriends place or married him. So she was quite upset but she still wanted to be taught which is good. Sometimes they take that lesson as a personal attack and figure that you're insulting them by telling them that they are sinning. But she just figured that she'd wait until the time she could be baptized. I think they were already engaged but when she told her boyfriend her dilemma he simply told her that he was ready to get married any time she wanted to especially if she felt the need to be baptized. This is a bit of a shock to me, no offense to California but this was the first time I've come across a relationship here that was a legitimate relationship. All of our other investigators are living with people who they aren't even involved with anymore. So she may very well be my very first baptism. And if I stick around long enough then perhaps her boyfriend will start coming to church with her and join the church as well. Only problem is that everyone keeps telling me that I'm probably going to be transferred on the 20th. So now it's a little depressing to see that I've been with my investigators this far and when the time arises for them to actually be baptized I'll be shipped out of here. But I guess that is the nature of a mission. It happens to everyone I'm sure. Well that is pretty much my good news. Don't really have any bad news so I guess that's good news as well.
I hope you all are doing well and I'll write next week.
-Sincerely Elder Miller
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment