Hello Everyone,
It was a pretty slow week. All of our investigators were either gone for the holidays or wanted to skip our weekly lessons due to the holidays. So there isn't much to report by way of missionary work. But in the opposite side the weekend was awesome. We had a spectacular Christmas. Christmas eve actually we were invited to a party type nativity performance and it was good. The children played all the parts in the story of Jesus birth but they were short one wise man. So guess who they asked to fill in. So the audience was quite amused when I walked out wearing a pink snow flake adorned bath robe that was quite too small, and presenting a some sort of lotion that I guess was supposed to be myrhh. one sister in the ward snapped a picture and then demanded my parents e-mail address so that they could share in the amusement. So there's my explanation for when the e-mail gets posted all over the internet. Our mission president has all the packages held onto at the mission office that way they can ensure that every missionary gets something from their families and if not then the mission buys them some gifts. My companion had his parents send a package straight to our house but it hadn't arrived yet and so the mission got him a shirt and some ties and candy. We met at 5:30 on Christmas eve for our President wearing a santa hat to distribute all the packages. I'd like to take this time to thank everyone that sent me a letter or package. I think I had the most out of my entire zone. I got about 10 letters and 7 packages so I was looking forward to Christmas morning. That is more attention than I usually get each year. I'm thinking I've got to leave home more often.
But Christmas was great we really just went to three different members houses and had a grand time just sort of visiting with them and eating alot of food. I hope you all had a good Christmas and were able to take some time to think about our savior and the wonderful gift of the atonement. The mission is a great place to celebrate Christmas for it's really easy to keep in the true spirit and recognize the importance behind the holiday.
Have a Happy New Year everyone and I'll write again in 2011.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment