Hello Everybody,
This past week was good although pretty slow. We taught just about no lessons but our success is better measured in getting a hold of a bunch of potential investigators and former investigators in order to schedule lessons for this week. Wednesday should be jam packed. Looking at my planner I don't think I've ever had so many appointments lined up. So I'm looking forward to tomorrow and the possibilities there. On Thursday we have a zone conference but not just any old zone conference. It is an annual outdoor zone conference. So I think the whole plan is to reenact not the Joseph Smith prayer but the prayer of Enos and to further our knowledge of prayer and the revelation that can come through it and how we can better teach our investigators to take advantage of this gift that we all are commanded to use.
In other news my face stamp made some progress yesterday. I met a return missionary out here who when he served in India a bunch of Elders there had rubber stamps made of themselves. I really liked the idea and figured that I could make my own. I got some foam and had some spare time yesterday and managed to make a decent stamp of me. I appear to have adopted some Asian features but I'll work out those kinks next week and pretty soon anyone who gets a letter from me can count on having my face stamped on there. I am sure this will encourage more and more people to write me. Just so I will reply and send my face.
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather. I don't really know how the weather is back in Oregon but here it is hot much of the time recently.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment