Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello Everyone,

My companion and I were really looking forward to this past Wednesday because we had quite a few appointments scheduled. All but two of them I think actually worked out. But one of the ones that worked out we managed to give a baptismal date to them and they accepted and should be baptized on the 28th of this month. It is a boy who has less active parents and he is eleven years old. The parents seemed really excited and jumped right on the invitation when we extended it and the boy accepted so I can't figure out why he hasn't been baptized before now, but I guess I'm assuming that he will get baptized now. The efforts of many other missionaries and members have been focused on this family but for some reason they still haven't had their son baptized. So I'm hopeful but it seems likely that some unexpected concerns may crop up. If he is baptized then the real challenge will be to keep him active and truly reactivate his family.

On Thursday we had a zone conference but it was an outdoor one. It took place at Uvais park and we sat on wood arena benches and deer walked casually by as we listened to our Mission President talk to us about prayer. We got to go on a hike during lunch and take pictures by waterfalls and then we got 40 minutes by ourselves to sit by the creek and pray or ponder prayer. I personally wrote a poem. I don't know why but I felt impressed to and did. Not a very good poem, one which I very much doubt I will ever share with anyone. But the poem involved prayer and the solemnity of Gods power and love. In short I had a good time. Then we drove the long trip back to my area and played 20 questions. Everyone got mad at me when I picked a Lemur as my animal and when they were guessing continents that the animal lived on I answered no when they guessed Africa, because I figured Madagascar is its own island and doesn't belong to the continent but they disagreed. So the week went well and this one should be good too. I have to write an e-amil to my mission president real quick but thanks for reading and writing and have a good week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: