Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hello Everybody,

This past week was a long one. Getting a new companion always makes the week feel twice as long as normal. Plus my new companion is the district leader and so the Thursday after I got him we had to drive for half an hour to attend a meeting that he needed to be present at and then the next day I had to drop him off with our Zone leaders an all the other district leaders so they could drive to an even bigger leadership meeting and I spent the day in Marina with another Elder. That half a day in Marina was kind of lame but fun. The Elders serving there had used all of their allotted car miles so we planned to use bikes. I had gone about 50 feet when I squeezed the brakes at the end of a hill and they failed on me. Luckily the white pick up truck that was crossing had seen my companion and then me and stopped for me. But I was freaking out. We fixed the brakes, or at least diagnosed the problem and figured they should work all right but my temporary companion now seemed kind of unsure as to my bicycle safety abilities. He probably didn't want to be responsible for me if I got run over so we just walked all through the windy seaside town.

Today for district meeting we talked about the importance of prayer and how we help our investigators recieve revelation through prayer. There was a quote in Preach My Gospel that said "No one can know the truth of things without prayer." That is a pretty definitive thing to say and Preach My Gospel is scripture so it really showed us how important prayer is and how necessary it is for our investigators to have in their lives.

Well next week we have a multi-zone conference and it will be out doors which I guess they do once a year. So we get to wear jeans and sneakers and white shirts and ties. I think it will look pretty ridiculous but we will be at a park where they have redwood trees which I think will be pretty majestic and awesome. Everyone is looking forward to reinacting the Joseph Smith story themselves. Praying alone in the woods.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: