Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Companion

Hello Everyone,

This past week was very good. I'm most excited about a new investigator who we picked up. On Saturday we went and taught her with a member that we brought with us. It was kind of awkward cause she's only 14 and her mom and grandma weren't home and so we just stood on the porch and talked to her. So the lesson was understandably brief but she was very sincere in wanting to learn more and so that quickly puts her at the top of the list for investigators that we have that are most likely to get baptized. She doesn't have any religious background which is always odd for me cause when we get into discussions I still always fail to recognize how much knowledge I have that I just take for granted. It's amazing how little many people know about the Bible or even God. So she has a lot to learn but I'm really excited to get to be the one who gets to help teach it to her.

But then Saturday night was a shock as I found out that my companion was getting transferred. We are in an area where it seems that the missionaries always stay for at least 6 months and he is leaving after only 4 and a half and I've only been here for the past 6 weeks. So I wasn't too exited to already be the leading authority on my area after I feel like I barely know it, but my new companion is pretty awesome and I think we'll be all right.
Only problem is my new companion doesn't have his license. He's never gotten one and so obvously can't drive. I have never really enjoyed driving, and in the past I've been blessed to get companions who love to drive and so I can enjoy just relaxing in the passenger seat. But I'm doomed to drive now and it's already pretty apparent that I didn't take good enough notes on where important places are and how to get there. I'm working on it though and we'll just be sure to provide extra time for me to make a few wrong turns along the way.

Hope you are all doing well. I'll be getting my new companion situated. He is our new district leader and it should be pretty fun. Have a great week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: