Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello Everybody,

I'm doing pretty well as usual. Today we had our weekly district meeting and our focus was on the Atonement. Our goal is to teach someone each day and really emphasize the miraculous event that is so important to us all. It's kind of strange how when we teach people we often get so caught up in trying to keep track of all the right points that we are supposed to hit on in order to cram as much knowledge into our investigators as possible that we sometimes fail to give the special message we share the kind of thought and reverence that it truly deserves. So we recognize that the atonement is key, and that no matter who we are teaching or what we are teaching the atonement can always be linked in and is no matter what always relevent. I think this is great preparation for us as well as we get ready for this Easter season.

On Saturday we had a good time helping out a man and his family as they worked on improving their back yard. I got to sand a fence while my companion shovelled a lot of dirt and then we got fed way too much for lunch, but I'm just incapable of refusing three pieces of key lime pie. Sunday was a trying day. We had two appointments set up in Soledad which is about 8 miles north of where we meet for church. So we grabbed a quick lunch after church and book it over to Soledad because once we're done with these lessons we have to race down to King City for another appointment which is about 20 miles south of Soledad. Anyway, we get to Soledad and our first appointment isn't there and so we are mildly bummed. We go to our second appointment and they're not there either. Pretty bummed now. So we now have extra time in Soledad and we chose to try talking to a man that no longer comes to church. From meeting with him I gain a lot of frustration and finally we are on our way to King City only to find that our next appointments husband doesn't want us there. It was an unpleasant day to be me, and I was hoping that the end of the day would cheer me up cause we had dinner with a family that has a bunch of unicycles and let's me ride them sometimes. But there wasn't enough time. That's probably a good thing though. I was way too full to be riding unicycles, I could have lost my dinner. The day wasn't really that bad, I just hate it when I am in a hurry cause I think some one is expecting me at a certain time, only to find that they're standing me up after I tried so hard to not miss them. But it's a new week this week and It's looking fine. The weather is nice and I'm happy thusfar.

Have a good week everyone,
Elder Miller

No comments: