Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hi Everybody,

Had a great week last week. For those of you who don't know, missionaries keep track of all the appointments they have and who they teach and how many new people they meet and teach. These numbers all get tallied up at the end of the week and then reported to our leaders and Mission President. So when I say we had a great week, that is partly in reference to our numbers. It always feels good to look over your numbers before you report them and be able to recall the specific lessons and the people taught that those numbers represent. The missionaries before I got here had ran into a lady and started to teach her and then she mentioned that she had been baptized a member of our church years and years ago. So then we had the membership clerk look up her records and we just this last week finally found them. So she is already a member and we won't get to baptize her, but she has gotten her granddaughter interested in the church and we just set an appointment with them to teach her the lessons. So I'm pretty excited to see where that goes. Her granddaughter came with her to a general conference session and was confused by it cause she has no religious background but she seemed truly interested in hearing what it is that we have to say. We are also sitting on a guy who is perfectly ready and agreeable towards baptism but he works every Sunday and so hasn't come to church yet. So we are anxiously awaiting the day when his work hires a new guy and then his seniority kicks in and he will claim the Sundays free shift. That's what is going on with us, at least the most exciting stuff anyway. It seems pretty crazy that I've already been in this area for 5 weeks. I guess that is because I'm still getting used to stuff. It's a big area to take everything in. I hope you all are doing well and I thank you for your prayers and communication.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: