Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hello Everyone,

This week was great. On Tuesday we got to drive up to the Oakland Temple and go through and endowment session. The Temple was good but the drive up, not so much. My new area is about a 2 and a half hour drive away from the Temple. I know that there are thousands of stories of faithful saints that have had to spend their life savings and travel for days to get to the Temple, but being in the back of a small Acura wearing a suit and being all hot is still very uncomfortable. So I am grateful that I was able to go and I don't want to come off as sounding like an whiner but...I guess I am a whiner. So that was good. Afterwards we stopped for lunch in Oakland at an In N' Out burger. This is the secong time that I've been to one of these fast food restaurants that Californians rave about. The first time I really didn't see what all the fuss was about, in fact my burger and fries tasted kind of funky. But this time it was good and I'll no longer have to suffer the weird looks I get from people around here when I say that I don't like In N' Out.

Conference was great as well. It's easier to stay awake for since we are expected to be in our suits and watch it at the church and I can't just stay at home wrapped in a blanket eating breakfast.

My companion and I are trying to focus more on some families that are less active but have children that are now of age to be baptized. We think they'll be easy pickings if we do it right. And of course I know that it's all according to the Lords will and also that we aren't really teachers, the Spirit is. But that's where we think we can make the biggest difference and hopefully well get some people more active in church and back to fulfilling their covenants.

That's all for now folks. Thanks for reading and writing.

Sincerely Elder Miller

No comments: