Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello Everbody,

This past week has really shot by for me. We had a number of activities throughout the week that cut back on our regular proselyting time which I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or a bad thing. On Wednesday we had to drive for about an hour to go to a special informational meeting about the Church 12 step addiction recovery program. It lasted about 2 hours and was really interesting. I hadn't known anything about it but there were some powerful testimonies shared as to its effectivness and its ability to change lives. I was really nervous cause as part of the meeting they went through and did everything that a normal meeting for addiction recovery would be like and I was given a slip of paper detailing a persons story and reason for attending the meeting and was asked to share when the sharing time came. Perhaps I have too much confidence in my thespian skills but my initial fear was that some one wouldn't recognize that I was acting and would think that I actually was a drug addict. But I realized that other people probably had little scripted pieces of paper as well and it wasn't a big deal. Then on Thursday I spent the whole day on companion exchanges with my District Leader who is in the Spanish program. So I was in the Spanish program all day and almost fell asleep a few times because lessons can be very boring when you have no clue what is being said. Of course some of our investigators are probably bored enough to fall asleep even when they understand everything that we say. Church was pretty good. We had two less active people show up that we've been working with, as well as two investigators. And then we are waiting on a few other people to finally start coming to church and then they will be eligible for baptism. The Spanish elders who we share the area with had two baptisms on Saturday and have been doing amazingly well lately. My companion and I are trying to make the same thing happen in the English program. The few converts in the past years have all pretty much been Hispanic people who know English well enough to be taught in English. So referrals from the Spanish Elders are always appreciated. Biggest news is that we get to go to the temple on Tuesday. Prior to conference we get to go every 6 months, it seems weird that it's been 6 months since I was already there. I hope everyone is doing well. Write back next week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: