Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello everybody,

I'm doing great. I'm most excited over the fact that it would appear we are experiencing some actual success from tracting. We went back by to visit some people we ran into while knocking on doors and a couple are actually interested and we were able to teach and have a new investigator officially. He initially rejected baptism cause we invited him right off the bat but he is agreeing to meet with us and perhaps is just extremely polite and won't turn us away but he shared with us his trouble in his life right now. He is really thoughtful about his standing in life and he says he feels blessed but he feels that there is a particular type of happiness that he feels incomplete without, that he feels God hasn't let him obtain that happiness. He would never really talk in specifics but I got the distinct impression that he couldn't describe it because it was the feeling of the Holy Ghost. I can't wait for Saturday when we plan on teaching him more and introducing this thought topic to him. Of course I have hopes and anticipate that he'll be curious and then when we teach and identify the Spirit to him he'll want it and accept baptism but realistically odds are that he'll say, "No that's not the happiness I'm speaking of." But just the fact that he'll meet with us is a huge step. We are also excited about a man who is married to a member of our ward but is not a member. He was interested in the church years ago and was the reason his wife and kids got baptized but he never managed to quit smoking. He recently quit smoking so on Saturday as well we plan on inviting him and see what his current feelings are. I really like this family. They're really interesting to talk with cause they just have the most random stories and family relations. The couple are in their late 50's I'd guess and then the lady said, "My aunt is a professional wrestler" and I asked for clarification and said, "that was her profession?" And she said, "well she still does it." I was so surprised, her aunt must be in her seventies, and in the pro wrestling circuit. They also have some noisy parrots that interrupt the the talk at times but they're really funny. So I'm looking forward to this week. I've probably reached the end of this area. My first and favorite. But I hope to go out with a bang.

Sincerely Elder Miller

No comments: