Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For the Fletch's Birthday

I wrote to Fletch my single memory from the day he was born:
So....I remember the day you born. I was babysitting everyone while mom and dad were at the hospital. Dad called on the old white phone that used to be on the wall by the storage room door. I answered and I said "Well.....what did mom have was it a boy or girl?" and dad said "what do you think, take a guess." and I paused for a second trying to feel deep in my soul who you were and whether or not I had a new brother or another sister. And I felt...brother. So I told dad "It's a boy isn't it?" and he said "Yep." It was a pretty awesome day to finally have a brother. And you've been a pretty awesome brother since then as well. I love you tons!!!!
And Fletcher replied:
It's kind of weird to think that perhaps we got to witness from heaven the family that we were to be sent to.  I could have witnessed your birth.  I really wonder how I would have felt looking down at a family full of six girls and knowing that I'd be next.  Thanks for the story and awesome brother thing.  I appreciate it though I know I'm kind of a brat.  Matt Coss e-mailed and complimented your enchiladas.  Hope you have a great week. My birthday was awesome.  Thanks for writing.
|



No comments: