Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello Everybody,

This past week was pretty fun for me. I was just waiting for my Birthday to get here on Sunday and didn't really enjoy the week while I was experiencing it but looking back it went pretty well. It was all rainy and cold but we had nothing else to do so we went and knocked doors in it. Our Zone Leaders had challenged everyone to extend 10 baptismal invitations. So we only have a few investigators that we could invite to be baptized and so by Sunday we still had 8 invitations to extend. So for some reason, probably cause it was MY birthday, the weather was nice again and so we went to tract some more and everyone who opened their door were invited to be baptized on the spot. It's not a bad approach. Many people are really puzzled as to why you are asking them to be baptized that they sort of let their curiosity get the better of them and keep listening to us. One man responded to our invitation by simply saying "Sure", and I was so surprised I said, "Really, just like that." But that kind of put him off a little bit and now he was suspicious and asked "What do I have to do?" But he said he'd be interested in learning more from us and that is the best result I've every gotten from tracting. And then in the same neighborhood this really nice Muslim man sort of chuckled when we invited him. He said he doesn't believe Jesus was a god, or the son of God, just a messenger from God. But he invited us inside and we sort of discussed a bunch of stuff with him. Essentially we taught him the first lesson that we teach but it wasn't structured quite how it's supposed to be.

My birthday ended extremely enjoyably. Our Stake President just so happened to be signed up on the dinner calendar and I had managed to drop the knowledge to his wife that it was my birthday beforehand and so the Bishop and his wife as well as another couple from the ward came and they are all very funny or fun people and I was treated to dinner and a show, in a sense. So it was a great day. Much better than I could have hoped for.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves. Have a good week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: