Monday, February 7, 2011

New Companion

Hello Everyone,

I guess the most exciteing thing this past week was getting another companion. He goes by the name of Elder Cowart and is from San Antonio Texas. He's a pretty cool guy but has been out on his mission just a little bit less than me so we are a kind of young companionship. Since we are you we are kind of just sticking to the basics of what we know and so far things seem to be falling into place.

A member called us and asked offhandedly who my new companion was and this member tends to be a little boisterous at times, but I found the conversation funny so I thought I'd write it down tot he best of my knowledge for your possible enjoyment as well.

"Hello Brother So-and-so"
"Hey what's your new companions name?
"Elder Cowart"
"Elder Coward?"
"No, C-O-W-A-R-T"
"You sure it's not Coward?"
"Yeah, I'm sure"
"I bet he doesn't get that alot, I'm pretty witty huh?"
"You sure are Brother So-and-so"
"Who do you like more, Elder Terry or Elder Cowart?"
"I'd have to go with Elder Cowart cause he's sitting right here and can hear you"
"Oh, okay, well bye"
"Bye Brother So-and-so"

I really like the members here. Brother So-and-so actually is pretty witty. That was just an off day for him I guess.

I'm pretty excited for the end of this week cause we already have a number of lessons set up and if they go well then will finally have some new investigators that will likely be much less of a headache than the ones we already have. I don't mean to sound critical but I don't think there is any escaping the fact that many of the people we try to work with have their lives in a mess. It's not necessarily their fault but it's true nontheless. Much of our time gets eaten up trying to get these people into better living situations so that they can get headed in the right direction and be eligible for baptism. God loves them all the same but that doesn't mean they're any easier to teach and get into the font.

Well, I hope everyone is doing awesome, and has a good week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: