Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello Everybody,

I'm doing very well. It's sad to think that this is probably my last week in the area that I've been this whole time though. Aside from the lady sitting at the computer next to me cursing at her computer and banging the mouse on the desk, I've really enjoyed everyone I've met here. I'm hoping I'll stay one more transfer here although it's already been 7 months. Our mission has over a hundred people with baptismal commitments for the month of March and 17 have already been baptized. It's our mission presidents goal to get one hundred baptisms every month and I really want to and think that I can contribute to that. Our most promising investigator is a man who's family all joined the church about 15 years ago but he didn't join only because he couldn't quit smoking. He has recently quit and we are really hopeful that he is still interested in becoming a member. Aside from him we don't have many people to work with so we are tracting more than I've done before. It's not too bad. I've found that for some reason the thought of tracting is more daunting than the actual thing. I'll be so downcast at the thought but then I get started and we have to put on our cheesy smiles at the doors that answer and then all of the sudden the smile becomes genuine and I have a good time. So I'm doing great. I hope all of you are as well and I'll write again next week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: