Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tranferred!

Hello Everyone,

Sadly I've been transferred and it almost feels like I've had to leave home twice to go on a mission. I was in Fremont for almost 7 months. Fremont is almost the most northern part of our mission and I've been transferred to the very bottom. Straight down to Greenfield which covers a bunch of small towns that are all spread out. It'll be quite an adjustment and thusfar I feel way out of place but it seems like there is are a lot of potential members that we are working with and I've already met some nice members, (I've only been here 3 hours). Plus the part I'm most looking forward to is I heard tell that there are some very adept unicyclers in the ward and they shall soon become my best friends and I'll perfect my knack. My new companion is Elder Maughan from Cash Valley? Cache Valley? Utah. He has only been on his mission a transfer longer than me but this area seems like it will require a bit different style of missionary work than I'm used to, so I'll have to learn a lot from him. If you're worrying about my previous companion Elder Cowart and how he'll fare without me. Don't, he got paired up with an Elder Joyce. I don't really know Elder Joyce but he's all Elder Cowart could talk about while we were companions. I had hoped to get my old MTC companion this transfer but my hopes were squashed when I got to the mission office and saw his picture along with the new missionary that he's training already. Well at this point I'm too new to have any news in this area. Our apartment I like. It's on the third floor which is the only downside I can see. I think it has more square footage than the house I was in and there is definitly more closet space which is nice. It's odd all of the sudden living more south cause the weather is already nicer. I'm not sure I like the change yet. Sometimes the sun is just too beating and degrading. But then again the clouds can be a downer. I guess I sound like a downer right now complaining either way. But it's beautiful here and I've noticed a lot of references to Steinbeck. I figure he must have lived here at one point perhaps. I'm practically out of time. But thanks for reading and I hope you are all doing well.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: