Hello People,
This past week has shot by. We have been spending much of our time trying to get in contact with less active members that the Bishop told us to go see and try and teach. We haven't had any success thus far, but I look forward to when we'll be able to bring some one back to church. One name our Bishop gave us is a lineman for the 49ers and we were kind of interested to go and visit him but he moved before we got around to it and so I guess we missed our opportunity. I hear he wasn't particularly friendly anyway so that's okay. Our bishop also informed us of a less active man whose wife isn't a member and actually practices witchcraft. It was kind of an odd thing to hear come out of our bishops mouth and he noticed our confused faces and he added, "I know, but she's a nice witch at least."
Then we are still struggling with this one family that we feel is extrememly close to being baptized. We scheduled a baptism date in order for them to feel the burn and actually come to church but they had a family reunion to attend so we missed them there. We are supposed to teach them at our bishops house tonight however unless they flake on us again which I'm wagering there's about a 72% liklihood of. But they are a great family. The Dad is very deceptive and it's hard to tell if he's lying or not. Most of the time everything he says is a joke but his face never lets on that he's not being serious. Only once have I felt that he's been really sincere and that time he told us that all joking aside he was very grateful that we come and teach his family the gospel, so that was really touching.
My fourth of July was okay. Preparation Day so we did our laundry and played some tennis and then went pants shopping. I'd been meaning to get some new pants since January I think but for some reason never got around to it. It's done now though, I got two pairs of pants and anyone reading this is probably wondering "why the stink is he so excited about new pants?" I guess it's perhaps a missionary thing, and probably also a girl thing.
Well I hope everyone had a good holiday and has a great week.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment