I recieved a few letters on saturday I think and those are first ones that have been forwarded from the mission office successfully as far as I know. Now the first couple weeks I was here the mission office just hangs onto the letters and gives them to you by hand if you are going to a big meeting or something. Since the letters made it here yesterday, I herby repeal my plea to mail straight to my house address here. I didn't really think much of it until a sister that works in the office called me about a letter that was just addressed to an elder miller, there are four in the mission now. Shain had sent it so she was checking whose it was before forwarding it. It never made it to me and it was a couple weeks ago that she told me to expect it. So that made me question how many letters I've been getting. so I'm not sure if there is or ever was a problem. All I know is that Shains letter never came. I think I'll send a letter to him within an envelope to the family and you can get it to him cause I don't know his address. I haven't gotten the package yet, I guess they can only forward it if you used the us postal service, not UPS. They may just be holding onto it because we have a pretty large meeting tomorrow, Elder Golden is addressing us. And he might inspect some Elders or Sisters living quarters. We had and inspection on our house by a member who was assigned to make sure we weren't fouling up the place. As I said before the Elder I replaced and his companion before mine let the place fall into mayhem, giant stuffed gorilla in the corner, chairs and tables wearing the paint off the walls, soda spots sticking up the floor, unwashed dishes only and everything else apparantly. Elder Bludworth had it nice when I got here and we've been keeping it in good shape. My companion apparantly got chewed out by the owner of the house and then also this guy who does inspections on a separate occasion, both times his companion(the one responsible for the mess) hid in an avacado tree or in his room. So Elder Bludworth was pretty scared this time, he scoured out the bath tub and was pretty detail attentive, he said the inspector was pretty anal, but the guy came and could apparantly tell right off the bat that the house was in much better hands and was really helpful and even complimented us, and then said he'd put us on a list of possible living quarters to have Elder Golden inspect. That sounds pretty intimidateing but it would be cool.
so I'm doing great having a good time been teaching a load of lessons. Perhaps the most interesting thing I have to announce right now, which is completely not connected to missionary work but is sort of neat is
1. We have a brother Beck in our ward who is the uncle to John Beck, star quarter back of BYU a little while ago and now back up for the Redskins
2. Our Bishop, Bishop Hess is the uncle of Jared Hess, director of Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre.
3. The same Bishop has produced his own album. It's called Take the Chance by Jim Hess. I have no idea if it's in distribution by Deseret Book or what but his wife gave us copies and it's not bad. and its' mission appropriate so I can't complain.
So I'm doing well here, we played some football today, it was fun and I got paired up with a slightly less athletically inclined elder so I got the ball way more often than I normally would. Things are going great, my companion is a very good match for me I believe, the right combination of work ethic and able to find the fun within the work. Well I hope you all are doing fantastic I am having way too much fun out here. Oh an investigator gave us her cigarettes as we challenged her to obey the word of wisdom, then she thought we looked funny carrying them and took a picture with her cell phone. We gave them to a member who has been involved in her conversion process and she threw them away.
Well that's about it, I'd like to thank everyone that writes me, it's great to hear from you all. Have a great week, I know I will.
-Elder Miller



2 comments:
he makes it sound like he's on vacation or something. Sign me up!
I remember one missionary apartment, not mine, but one I visited: we kneeled on the carpet to pray and when I got up I had a handfull of toenail clippings stuck to my pantlegs. On closer inspection, the carpet was teeming with them. There must have been five years worth of clippings. Now that was one gross place.
Post a Comment