Monday, January 24, 2011

Hello Everyone,

It's always weird when you meet people that know people you know in a random place like the Fremont California Centerville ward. But recently a couple moved into the ward fresh from graduating from BYU Idaho and we were invited to our Bishops house for dinner along with them. Got to talking and she happens to be from Tigard Oregon. Then trying to narrow it down she mentions what street her Grandma lived on and that was in our ward boundaries. And then I find out that her Grandma is Melba Garner who I used to take sacrament to. So it's kind of a small Mormon world when it all boils down to it. So that was the latest exciting thing to happen to me. After dinner actually we traveled to a stake center for a Missionary outgoing fireside which my companion along with 9 other missionaries spoke at and there was a lot of singing as well. It was really great to get to listen to a bunch of veterans in the field share their feelings and bear their testimonies. I view it as a bit of a glimpse of what I can come to expect by the end of my mission. None of the Elders expressed regret or any negative feelings towards their time spent laboring in this mission and that is exactly what I have come to expect. It seems true that almost every missionary returns with a great sense of accomplishment and growth and I am grateful that I get to be out here and have the opportunity to grow in the same fashion. We're still looking for people to teach and baptize. We got a referral from our mission office recently and are trying to get in touch with him. I hope everyone is doing great. Have a good week.

Sincerely, Elder Miller

No comments: