Hello Everyone,
This week has shot by. Again with my companion it seems like the first 3 transfers just disappear and then for some reason the last three drag on a bit. I don't know why that is, but I'm sure it will be especially true this transfer as my companion goes home at the end and you can tell that his memory of home is kind of like his his screen saver. If there isn't anything more pressing then that's where his thoughts will be. But he's still a good companion and I've learned much from him and with him. We are steadily trying to get our investigators to come to church and read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. It's sad to think about but we are required to sometimes drop investigators if they aren't proving sincere. A number of our investigators are continually kind of just claiming to want to change and make commitments to us that they will work to progress and learn for themselves that the church is true but when we check back with them they haven't done their homework. So it's a harsh practice that we must sometimes just stop working with people but the reasoning is that there are more readily prepared people that are out there and that your time can be spent on. For the moment it is almost more convenient to hang onto the people that aren't progressing because without them we don't have anyone to replace them. And the thought of replacing a couple of hours of teaching each week with tracting instead isn't pleasant, I'd much rather teach all the time. Teaching is the fun part, so I guess the harder you work finding the more fun you can have teaching. Well that's about all that has been going on with me. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves.
Sincerely, Elder Miller
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment